City Beat Mission
City Beat’s mission is to provide a trusted source of information, music and entertainment for curious and thoughtful people in efficient, sustainable ways that meet their needs while strengthening the civic and cultural life of the communities we serve. As a truly local radio station we cover Preston, South Ribble and Central Lancashire as our Primary Service Area but we can also be heard in parts of Ormskirk, Southport, Blackpool and Bolton even though this is not part of our primary transmission service area.
…City Beat’s Vision is to be:
valued, vital and vibrant service that is indispensable to listeners’ lives, inspires people to look at the world
in different ways and capitalizes on emerging opportunities to serve our listeners and communities that we cover.
• Our Audience Comes First.
• We always strive to serve our audience better.
• We are committed to and engage our community in
authentic and meaningful ways.
• We respect our audience.
• We don’t fear failure.
• We dedicate ourselves to growth and learning.
• We embrace the evolution of public radio,
strategically plan for growth & change, and work in
ways that make us a model for sustainability,
creativity, innovation, & excellence.
Anything Is Possible:
• We value the power of “Why Not?”
• We aim high and push ourselves to be the best at what we do.
• We want to work with people who push themselves to be the best.